How does Pay later with Klarna work in the UK?
Pay Later with Klarna is a payment method which allows you to buy now and pay later, meaning you only have to pay for the items that you keep.
Who can use Pay Later with Klarna?
- Customers over the age of 18.
- Customers with a billing and delivery address registered in the UK.
When can it be used to place an order?
- When placing an order in GBP on our UK website.
- You can’t buy Melaninaire gift vouchers using Klarna. If you have a gift voucher and you’re spending more than its balance, you can pay the outstanding amount using Pay Later with Klarna.
- There’s no minimum spend – simply add the items you love to your basket and head to checkout.
I've paid with Klarna - how do returns work?
- Returns are FREE and trackable.
- You have 28 days from the date you receive your order to return it for a refund*.
- Returning your order within 29 to 45 days? A gift voucher will be issued instead.
- It can take up to 7 working days for your order to reach the warehouse and be processed
- Refunds can take up to 10 working days to show on your account.
Waiting for your refund?
If you haven’t paid your invoice, you’ll receive an updated version from Klarna within 24 hours of your returns being processed.
Already paid for your order in full? You’ll receive a refund from Klarna for the items you returned.
If you decide to return something within 29 to 45 days of it being received, an Melaninaire gift voucher will be issued to you instead, and any Klarna payments will still apply.
How do you pay using Pay Later with Klarna?
- When you get to checkout, click ‘change’ under payment type and select ‘Add New Payment Method’.
- Enter your card information.
- Confirm your date of birth.
- Click ‘Place order’.
- Confirm the phone number linked to your Melaninaire account and enter the 6-digit verification code sent to you via SMS.
When do you have to pay for your order?
- Klarna will send you an email within 2 days of your order being placed with payment instructions.
- You’ll have 30 days to complete the payment online. You can pay at your convenience, with no extra cost via credit or debit card.
- You’ll receive a reminder two days before your payment is due, and you’ll also receive email reminders.
Having trouble paying with Klarna?
If you have any trouble placing an order with Klarna, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
- Klarna may have rejected your application to pay on account. We’d recommend choosing another type of payment or placing an order for a smaller amount.
- Klarna may not have been able to check your details using the billing address that you’ve provided. You’ll need to make sure that your billing address is the same address that your bank/credit cards are registered to.
- You may have outstanding payments on previous Klarna statements. Once these are paid off, try Pay Later with Klarna again. If you’ve recently paid off outstanding statements, please allow 24 hours before trying to pay through Klarna again.
- You may have missed a required field at the checkout, such as filling in your Date of Birth.
- If you haven’t used Klarna before and you’re shipping to a different address to your billing address, the payment may be declined.
Can’t decide which Klarna payment option will work best for you? Click here for more information on Klarna.
Returning with Klarna?
You have 30 days to pay your Klarna invoice.
Your right to return items isn’t affected by this invoice period, and you’ll only have to pay for the items that you keep.
We’ll send you an email as soon as we’ve completed your return. *All returns are subject to our original condition and fair use policies.
If you’ve returned items from an order paid for with Klarna, and you’re near the end of your invoice period, we’d recommend extending the deadline to avoid payment charges. Click here to pay your Klarna invoice.
If you have any questions about extending your invoice, please contact Klarna Customer Service. Melaninaire aren’t able to extend your invoice.
You’ll automatically receive a reminder from Klarna if you pass the date of payment shown on your invoice. If you’ve received a reminder but already returned items to us, please contact Klarna Customer Service.
Just one more thing…